AA#002 - THE PRIMARY FOCUS OF THE GOSPEL
Let me say something which some of you may find "challenging". Please don't misunderstand ..... I am not denying the importance of Grace. Nor am I saying that it is not part of the Gospel. But I do want to say that :-
GRACE IS NOT THE ONLY WORD IN THE GOSPEL.
NOR IS IT THE PRIMARY FOCUS OF THE GOSPEL!
If there is one thing which stands out above all else, the "primary focus" of the Gospel is :-
THE CALLING TOGETHER OF A PEOPLE TO INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH.
When we lose sight of that primary focus, we lose sight of the whole purpose of God in creation!
This is THE emphasis Jesus gave to the subject when He first began to preach, saying :-
"The time is fulfilled, and the KINGDOM OF GOD is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel." (Mark 1:14-15)
What then is the place of Grace? (The gift - The undeserved favor from God)
- Grace makes the CALL to the Kingdom of God;
- Grace offers the CONDITIONS on which we must respond to the call;
- Grace gave Jesus to die so that we could be PARDONED from thesentence of death justly deserved for our sins;
- Grace speaks the living words by which we are born again, so thatwe can both SEE and ENTER the Kingdom.
- Grace trains us in the HOLINESS without which we cannot inheritthe Kingdom;
- Grace guarantees our RESURRECTION and IMMORTALITY so that we canreceive our inheritance and enjoy it FOR EVER.
And ..... Grace gives us the KING chosen by God!
"For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through
For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ .....
And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring,
heirs according to promise." (Gal 3:26-29)
"He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most
and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David,
and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his
kingdom there will be no end." (Luke 1:332-33)
That inheritance will come to us only AFTER Jesus returns from Heaven to establish the Kingdom. (Hebrews 11:39-40)
Any so called "gospel" which ignores the implications of the inheritance promised to Abraham, and the associated eternal Kingdom of God on Earth, is no Gospel at all!
Any so called Gospel which offers a different inheritance, on different conditions, is no Gospel at all!