HM#004 - THE BLESSING OF ABRAHAM
It is important that we should take careful notice of the CONDITION which God attached to His covenant with Abraham. (Genesis 17:1-2)
The Gospel preached by Jesus contains the same CONDITIONAL offer. The PRIMARY "Blessing Of Abraham" described by Peter in Acts 3:25-26, details the CONDITION on which the rest of us will inherit the same promises.
"You are the sons of the prophets and of the covenant which God gave to your fathers, saying to Abraham, 'and in your seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.' God having raised up his servant, sent him to BLESS YOU in turning every one of you from your wickedness."
THAT IS A BLESSING TO BE RECEIVED NOW!
That is where the "Faith of Abraham" begins. Without that blessing in this present life, there are no grounds for faith in any other promise for the future.
When we turn away from our sins :-
- We are "BORN AGAIN" of water and Spirit. (John 3:5)
- Our sins are FORGIVEN. (Acts 2:38)
- Our eyes are opened to SEE God's Kingdom at work. (John 3:3)
- We are able to ENTER that present invisible realm, known onlyto those who dwell there, where God reigns supreme in the heartsand lives of those who belong to Jesus. (John 3:5 & Luke 17:21)
- We commence our TRAINING for our future inheritance of the Kingdomwhich is to be established when Jesus returns from heaven.(Acts 3:20-21, Titus 2:12-13)
- We are restored to PERSONAL parent/child relationship with God.(Romans 8:15-17)
- We receive our own personal promise from God that all who belong
to Jesus will INHERIT the same promises made to Abraham.(Romans 4:13 & Galatians 3:29 & Ephesians 1:13-14)
IT IS "THE GOSPEL OF GOD", PREACHED BY JESUS! (Mark 1:14-15)